6 Ingredient Butternut Squash Soup
Butternut Squash is the ultimate Fall seasonal food. It’s delicious AND nutritious. Here’s a rundown of some of the health benefits of this winter squash varietal:
- Good for digestion (High Fiber)
- Good for heart health (Carotenoids + Folate)
- Good for eye health + breast cancer prevention (Beta Carotene)
- Immune Boosting + Anti-inflammatory (Antioxidants galore)
This simple 6 ingredient recipe (+ seasoning and toppings) is a perfect way to get your butternut squash ON this Fall.
6 INGREDIENT BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
(gluten free, dairy free, vegan)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Makes: 2 quarts
INGREDIENTS: Use organic whenever possible.
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled + chopped (6-7 cups)
- 1 large yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
Place prepared vegetables (butternut squash, onion and garlic) into a large pot. Add the bay leaf and vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat low and simmer until the squash is tender, about 20 minutes.
Stir in coconut milk and add salt and pepper, if desired. Pour all the contents, except the bay leaf, into a blender and purée well. Enjoy with pepitas (toasted pumpkin seeds).
Lots of Love,